Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Eventually . . . stay tuned
What a whirlwind our life is right now. Not chaotic (yet) just busy and different. Allen and I got back to central time zone Friday evening, drove to Waco, spent the weekend re-adjusting to CST and parenting on jetlag (with the help of my parents.) We got home on Sunday afternoon and found a bit of calm that evening after Will and I ran throughout the neighborhood -- yes, we RAN since it was a speedy scavenger hunt for all the back-to-school kids. Yesterday (Monday) was Will's first day of big-kid, all-day school and I'm trying to keep things normal for Ben, Maddie, and Jon as I struggle to fill the fridge, plan menus, empty suitcases and do things to make them think they are in school, too. Luckily, Allen had one more vacation day to help the transition to reality a little easier. When Will went to school this morning, I had three sobbing toddlers -- upset that they couldn't go to school, too. So we played school. Now, I have a few quick moments to update the blog. I have a journal full of adventures in Greece and Turkey, and several quotes from the last few days when Will seems to have grown up overnight. I can't wait to share, but I'll have to. Three barking "puppies" are tired of playing GeoTrax and I'm off to play dogcatcher.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment