This year, I decided to head a March for Babies team again. When I brought it up to my friends in our Mothers of Multiples group, I got a great response. When it came time for them to register for the walk, there was not a great response. I started feeling like a stalker sending reminder emails and phone calls a bit more often than what I liked.
Eventually I let it go. I decided that anything we raised was better than nothing so there was no reason for me to stress over it. There was a bit of (what I consider) a last minute scramble, and we were lucky enough to have some other friends get involved who were not parents of multiples. A lady at Allen's office came to him one day and asked if she could do a fund-raiser and walk with her husband on our team -- SURE! In the end, our team came in second place for family teams raising money in our city. We raised $2,833 for March of Dimes, and that was more than we raised last year!
I appealed to family and friends and had such an overwhelming response to sponsor our team. I am truly grateful for all those donations. Thank you so much for supporting me, my family, and this cause that means so much to all of us! ... and thanks to Nana and Papa for helping us wrangle all the kiddos during what they are calling "The Parade!"
The weather was beautiful. The kids walked part of the way, but rode in the wagon or my friend's stroller the rest of the way. Afterwards, they enjoyed having their faces painted. Ben wanted a basketball; Jon, a purple balloon; Maddie, a pink and purple butterfly like Amelia's; and Will, a bowl of fruit.




No comments:
Post a Comment