Five years ago, I took this picture of two not-quite-two-year olds. You already know Will, and the pretty little girl is Marcella, the daughter of some dear friends of ours.
Her dad, Casey, went to high school with Allen and me, and he was one of the groomsmen in our wedding. He is a friend we don't see but every few years, but each time we get together, its just as comfortable as if we visited each other often.
Last time we saw the Smith family was when Christina was pregnant with one and I was pregnant with the triplets. Fast forward a few more years and here are Marcella and Will, both 6 years old.Since the toddler picture, four more kids were born in 2006 -- their daughter, Theresa, and our kiddos, Ben, Maddie, and Jon. In 2009, Casey and Christina had twins -- a son, Eben, and daughter, Eleanor. And here are all the kids now!

We are thankful that we got to spend a bunch of time with them over Labor Day weekend. I am sad that we won't see them for awhile as they are moving overseas for four years. I was thinking that's a long time to go without seeing good friends, but that's how long its been since the last time, too. Now, I'm anxious to hear of all their coming adventures!

No comments:
Post a Comment