Thursday, March 10, 2011

Spring Break Adventures - Day 4

Today was a BEAUTIFUL day!! The sun finally came out and warmed it up a bit, so we were outside a lot. Allen took all the kids out, one at a time, on the pedal boat.
We got back to the park to do all the outside tour and trails. We got to fill up our waterbottles with hot spring water. I used mine to keep my hands warm, but the kids had fun tasting the water and daring each other to drink it hot (rather than waiting till it cooled off first.) Yes, it really is hot (around 140-degrees, so hotter than my shower) and it tastes just fine.


Back at the cottage, all of us took afternoon naps ... really LONG naps. We had thought about going back for old fashioned photos and duck tour (one of the tank-looking busses that turns into a boat,) but we slept too long. We ended up playing horseshoes in the yard, making a campfire, and eating PB&Js and s'mores for dinner. The kids played with glow sticks and ran around the yard until we decided we were worn out enough to put everyone in bed.

We had a couple more funny conversations today. Ben keeps collecting rocks in his pockets. No matter how many we take out of his pants or jacket, he still seems to grow them in there. Everytime we got in the car or went into the house we had to ask, "Are there rocks in your pocket?" Sometime along the way it got shortened to, "Do you have rockets?" It will probably end up being part of our normal Kaiser-vocabulary now.


One of the times I helped him empty his rockets, we started talking about the rocks.
Ben: Mama, I really like rocks.
Me: I know you do! Maybe someday you will be a geologist and learn more about rocks.
Ben: I can't be a G-ologist, Mama. My name starts with B so I'll be a B-ologist.
Me: Really? That's sounds interesting :)
Ben: Well, maybe I will learn about all things and just be an ALLololologist.

No comments: