Friday, November 9, 2012

Running Away

Will promised us last night that he would run away today. Jon was in tears and tantrums that his big brother was leaving. We overheard their conversation (something like this):


W: Jon, don't cry about it.

J: BUT I DON'T WANT YOU TO LEAVE! I Love you so much and you have to stay to be family.

W: If I say you can come, will you quit crying?

J: I don't WANT to leave! I like it here. My toy soldiers a...re here. If you leave, how can we play together?!

W: Just come with me. We can run away together.

J: Only if I can bring my soldiers.

W: We can't keep up with a bunch of toys. It will slow us down.

J: (back to crying) Fine. I will only bring some.

W: whatever

J: I'll bring a few soldiers and my mom and dad and brothers and sister. That's how we can run away.

W: (stormed away in frustration)

J: Mama, you HAVE to come with me since you are so sweet. I'm glad we will all be running away together. It will be like a vacation. Can we camp in the grass across the street so we can come use the potty?

No comments: