As for the costumes, Will planned on being Gandalf, and I
had gotten him a long white wig and beard and a witch’s hat. He put on a
graduation gown that had been in our closet, but then decided he would rather
we draw a scar on his head so he could go as Harry Potter. I kept the white wig
and witch hat and put them on with a cloak. I painted my face to look old, but
we didn’t get any pictures. Maddie also was a witch, but she was much cuter than I.
Ben was a ninja, but part of his costume went missing right before he got
dressed (we later found he had put it in the washing machine when he washed his
clothes.) Jon was a SWAT team member. Allen put a paper grocery bag on and put
a big A on it. He was a Scrabble tile.
Thursday, October 31, 2013
More Tricks Than Treats?
Some days just don’t go as I plan, and today was one of those
days. It started out all right, but Will came home from school having eaten a
LOT of sweets. He crashed from his sugar high around 1:00 and things went downhill from there. By dinner time,
Will still had not finished his homework, and he had changed his mind about his
Halloween costume… again. At that point, I was not even willing to LET him
participate in trick-or-treating because he had been mean to his siblings and
me and hadn’t finished his schoolwork. I helped the younger three get dressed
up, then the three littles and I headed to a neighbor’s home to help with some
games we were doing with some families from our Sunday school class. Allen
stayed to oversee Will doing his homework and chores. They joined us later, and
Will did go trick-or-treating with some of the other kids in our group when he
finished his work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment