Mom called me in late spring asking if she and Dad could keep all the kids for a week so the kids could go to Farm Camp with Julianne. What was I to say? "Of course!"
Sunday, Allen and I dropped the kids off with my parents in Corsicana, then Allen and I took a really long way home so we could stop by a brewery. On the way home, we stopped at the grocery store, brought home dinner, and enjoyed a tasty meal while watching The Girl With a Dragon Tattoo on Netflix. I usually have to be busy doing something because I'm not so good at sitting still just watching a movie... BUT, the movie was in Norwegian and subtitled, so I watched the whole thing without distractions.
Monday through Friday, the kids were busy with Farm Camp, but several days they called to let us know what they had been up to... or to spend an hour on the phone with us debating government's role in education (that would be Will).
Overall, the kids had a great time and I got some down time and attended some meetings and appointments without having to worry about what my kids would be doing. The kids all had fun playing and learning. At the house, they swam, played with Gramma and Granddad's puppy, collected fish and turtles, canoed, and more. At farm camp, they learned about bugs, and animals, and plants, and world hunger. I think they may be up to doing it all again next year, but the younger three did say they learned some of the same stuff at Farm Camp last year.









No comments:
Post a Comment