Saturday, October 31, 2015

A Fighters, A Scarecrow, A Dinosaur, and Something Else

Just like
EVERY.
SINGLE.
YEAR...
Halloween comes at the end of a ridiculously busy season for us, and it is so tempting to just skip it altogether. Fortunately, having four kids who won't LET me skip it, means that I push through all the overwhelming fatigue, and I have a great time! Last weekend, Allen took the kids to pick out their Halloween costumes after the trio received birthday money specifically to use on costumes. I put together a bit of a random, last-minute compilation of several costume pieces. I don't know what I was. Allen was a dinosaur (he was a Professional Dino earlier in the week for a work costume contest.) This year, Will decided NOT to trick-or-treat, but he stayed home and passed out the candy. He set himself up by the door like a scarecrow prop and started many who came for candy. He promised he didn't try to scare any of the little kids who came. When we came home after doing the neighborhood circuit, he told us it was funny how many people suspected he was a real person but still ended up startled. We got to witness a few of those -- he was right: it was pretty funny!

No comments: