Sunday, May 17, 2009

Dear Sarah

My Dearest Sarah,
You are going to have a great Sunday! Although Allen is working, your morning will be full of joy. When you wake to a cool breeze and birds singing, you will feel rested. You will have time to shower and climb back into bed to cuddle with Will long before the triplets wake up. When you go upstairs to greet the babies, Jon will smile and run into your arms with a cheerful "Good morning, MAMA!" and a sweet kiss and hug. Maddie and Ben will be just as cheerful and all three will have perfect manners through breakfast. The kids will all enjoy breakfast and will chatter happily amongst themselves while you savor your two cups of coffee. The toddler tunes station will keep all of you happy and dancing together all morning. When the kids get tired of dancing, they will color and play with stickers. They won't even argue about sharing the crayons. While they are busy crafting, you will have a few minutes to just sit in your favorite chair with a new novel. You'll be able to really get into the story but still oversee your crafting kiddos. The morning will be cool enough that having the windows open will bring a refreshing breeze through the house. Each of the children will come sit in your lap and talk to you and listen to you tell them how much you love them. After the kids get tired of coloring, Ben and Will will go upstairs to play quietly, and they won't cause you any trouble at all. Over the baby monitor, you will hear Will and Ben playing restaurant until Will reads stories to Ben. Meanwhile, Jon and Maddie will be playing with cars and farm animals -- sometimes together, sometimes alone. It doesn't matter, all will be peaceful and loving in your home. You will look around and wonder why today seems so very different than most others. You will wonder why it is so, and the only answer is Me. Don't forget that as you finish your second cup of coffee and your second novel in the last 24 hours. Your children are happy. You are overflowing with joy, you needed the break. I understand the last month has been trying -- I've been with you every step of the way. I've tested your patience, grace, and stamina, and you've grown through these exercises. This morning is my gift to you and your family. You need to have your cup filled this morning, because your kids have quite an adventure planned for your afternoon. You won't realize it until it's too late to change it, but Maddie kept a very special purple crayon close, but you never would think to check in her diaper, would you? Maddie and Jon will be creative with that damp
crayon at naptime. You can handle it. Don't lose your cool. You are always on my mind, and I am always watching over you. I can't wait to see how this turns out. . .oh, yeah, I already know. I love you, Sarah.

Love,
God

1 comment:

Karen M said...

I think God has a
Huge, Beautiful Crown for such a wonderful mother of multiples. I love reading your adventures and sensing your peace and joy in serving your family.