Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Over the weekend

Friday -- I dropped off the little kids with Dad and he took them to Waco to spend the weekend. I got back home in time to meet Allen for lunch, visit a few antique stores (just because I could, not because I was looking for anything), finished painting the blue wall, picked Will up from school, went shopping for Halloween decorations, then we went to dinner at a Japanese steakhouse so Will could see what it was like. He had asked for a Samurai meal a few weeks ago, and we were afraid the little ones would be frightened of the fire at the table, so it was perfect for Allen, Will, and me.

Saturday -- We slept in a bit, had breakfast together, taped off the boys room, painted the walls, primed the blue wall for the mural, finished the first coat of orange in Maddie's room, had a quick dinner, then went to the drive-in movie to see Cloudly with a Chance of Meatballs. I've decided that is my favorite way to see a movie -- I had full control of the volume and sound balance, the car was fairly comfortable, we could pick our own snacks, no stranger-germs, we could let Will run and jump through the grassy lot before the show started, fresh air. Perfect. And the movie wasn't too bad, either.
Sunday -- We had another really busy day. We finished the orange room second coat, put on the second coat of green, hung the mural, took off the tape, went shopping for ceiling fans (out of stock), and searched for the curtains and beadspreads. Went to Carino's for dinner, then crashed.
Will, from atop the ladder, informed us that he knew which company made the ladder. . . "Notastep."

Monday - the little kids are still with Mom and Dad. I've spent two hours looking up and my neck is getting sore. I'm touching up all colors. This evening Allen helped me get both rooms reassembled.Falling asleep last night, I counted all the paint colors in our home. I guess I really have all my colors now -- a full rainbow!
From left to right: dining room (red), Maddie's room (orange), living room/kitchen (yellow), little boys' room (olive), living room (pale green), office (aqua), little boys' room (blue), master bedroom (gray/lavender), master bath (light gray/lavender), all other rooms (taupe) and I didn't include the white that is on all of the trim everywhere.

No comments: