Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

KNOWING my mom-in-law would want a blessing at the Thanksgiving table where we all say something we are thankful for, we've been practicing with the kids all week. After our normal blessing at dinner, we each tell what we are thankful for.

The last few nights have been quite similar. Whoever says the blessing, says the normal one, then Will pouts and says he isn't thankful for anything. Maddie says "I thankful for Jesus!", Ben has been thankful for lollipops and Daddy, Jon has mentioned windows and Mama, then Will realizes there ARE things to be thankful for, but everyone else "stole" his ideas. It will be fun to hear what they are thankful for at our Thanksgiving dinner (but I'll have to let you know later.) And, if Shelley doesn't remember that she asks for this every Thanksgiving, I'm sure the kids will remind her. :) It has been uplifting mentioning them each night, so thanks for the idea.

In the meantime, I have so very much to be thankful for, but I know I can't list them all at dinner, so here are just a few: Jesus!, Allen, Will, Ben, Maddie, Jon, healthy children, Allen's job - we don't have to fret and we can pay our bills, Family - our parents and brothers, sis-in-laws, and niece, the love and emotional support system that family gives us, Sunshine, Flowers, Rain and rainbows, Friends - especially the ones that make me laugh till I cry, Our country and those that have fought so we have our freedoms, . . . there are so many things that I am sincerely thankful for, that now I'm getting teary listing the basics.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First - how did you post something to your blog on Thanksgiving Day? At any rate - thanks for remembering and keeping the tradition of everyone participating in the prayer of gratitude. Shelley