Saturday's Events: Family went to Lowe's to buy grill for {early, but needed} Father's Day gift, came home and started putting grill together, discovered broken part, Allen went back to Lowe's, Sarah fed the kids and put them down for naps, Sarah thought about scrapping and played in the office for a few minutes, Allen put rest of grill together and the kids played with all the empty grill boxes, Sarah stayed home not feeling great.
Sunday's Plan: Babar Exhibit at the Art Museum
Sunday's Events: Babar Exhibit at the Art Museum that included a puppet show, story time, creative time making elephant masks, lemonade and cookies, then out with the family for dinner. It was a perfectly wonderful day.... then poor Jon got the fever.
Monday's Plan: story time, craft time, wash & fold some laundry, exercise at the Y, worksheets with the kids, naptime, homemade dinner, and (possibly) go back to the gym with Allen
Monday's Events: headache started the day, spent the morning trying to tame it while the kids played upstairs, put kids down for naps & quiet time and took a nap, reached migraine level just as kids got up .... or maybe they never slept. Ended up begging Will to help with diaper changes because everything was too bright, things went down hill fast for me, but Will was a huge help and the kids all watched movies the rest of the afternoon while I stayed in bed. Monday night was worse than I remember ever having a headache, but it has been about eight years since I've had such a significant headache. It was a long night...Allen, Jon, and I had fevers.
Tuesday's Plan: went out the window Monday afternoon
Tuesday's Events: Allen took the day off work, packed the kids' suitcase while I slept, took them to my parents while I slept, then came home to take me to the doctor. Doc seemed to think the headache was more than just a symptom of the virus we were passing around so she ordered bloodwork to see if there was anything that triggered it. (In the end, the answer was "everything looks fine", but I now have migraine meds). I slept all day except for the few minutes I was at the doctor. In a 36 hour period, I ate a banana and struggled to keep fluids down. I talked to the kids on the phone and they asked, "Did Daddy make you feel better?" Maddie told me she was "being have at Gramma and Granddad's."
Wednesday's Plan: get healthy
Wednesday's Events: I slept late, then sat in bed folding laundry and watching Law & Order reruns. Moving still hurts my head, so I'm going pretty slowly and using Tylenol to keep the headache from overwhelming me. Allen and I went out for a bland dinner, but it was nice to have some food again. I enjoyed listening to the storms all day.
Thursday's Plan: none, maybe out to dinner with Allen again
Thursday's Events: I slept late again (too easy with the storms still rolling,) scrapbooked a bit, cleaned out the fridge, did a load of laundry, and sat and thought about my kiddos. I often wish for some peace and quiet and some time for myself, but now that I have it, I just feel guilty, like I should be doing something...well, really, I miss Will and Ben and Maddie and Jon. I do not miss the whining and the fussing and the tears, but I miss the hugs and the laughter and the "I love you, Mamas". I miss them and I'm lonely. But I am feeling a lot better and today I don't have a headache....and the rain still falls, so I should sleep well again tonight.
Friday's Plan: go to my parents and get my kid-hugs
No comments:
Post a Comment