At lunch today, we were all talking about what we learned in Sunday school. Allen and I were trying to list the five A-words of things we should do for each other. We explained, "There are five things everyone needs: attention, affection, acceptance, approval, and a...a...a..." We couldn't remember #5, but Ben was proud to help, "Anapkin! Everyone should have anapkin." 6/26
Another one added to the "things I never thought I'd say to my kids" list:..."put away the P& IDs and get your teeth brushed!"... Followed shortly by, "No! I did NOT say peeing ideas!" 6/23
Jon just signed his name to a Father's Day card: "SMULL". I asked him why he wrote that... "Mama, you told me to write my name small." ... sigh... adding explanation since I can't erase it. 6/12
"But, Mom! I was NOT running in the house. I was really-fast-jogging." 6/12
Steps 1,2,3, & 4 of training done! All four kids can bring laundry down, sort it like I want it done, fold & sort clean laundry, and get it all put away. Next summer I'll teach them how much soap to add and how the buttons work. I hate laundry duty but I'm trying to teach them to enjoy it -- for my own selfish reasons 6/9
Discussing homonyms and homophones at dinner, I used examples of to, two & too. "Mama went to the store. Daddy has two fajitas. Daddy has a beer, and I do, too. See? There are three twos!" Jon confused me when he said, "no you're talking about threes because daddy has 2 beers and you have one, so you should say 'daddy has two and you have one, too, THREE!'" 5/29
No comments:
Post a Comment