Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Swingin' Good Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day was a fun one this year, even if I did lose my normal interest in the heart-filled holiday. I spent a lot of the day with Will and his class while the triplets were at mother's day out. Will excitedly got up ON TIME! this morning, quickly donned his fanciest clothes, and came down to ask me if he could wear a tie. He was so handsome dressed up for his first school dance.
Mrs. Tucker, his second-grade teacher, spent the last couple weeks teaching the kids to dance the waltz and swing. When I got to the classroom, it was transformed into a mini-ballroom -- strings of Christmas lights were draped from the corners of the ceiling to the center, the desks were pushed together into tables that were set for the luncheon, and there was a photo-backdrop set up in the corner. All the kids were dressed up, and all seventeen kids were beaming with pride as the music began and they held onto their partners' shoulders. They had a great time dancing while the parents were on the sidelines snapping the pictures.





No comments: