Though I can't say this is what I originally planned, it worked out well that we had enough wall space for some of these posters.
We hung the timeline in the stair-case because it was the only place we had enough wall-space for all 4000+ years. As we study characters and events, we will add a picture of them to our time line so the kids will be able to visualize the order. As soon as I finish getting them cut out, Will will get to put our first two weeks of characters up on the wall: Jesus, Samuel, Mary and Martha; Mozart, Beethoven, Bach, and Handel; Louis Braille, Helen Keller, and Alexander Graham Bell. You might be able to see "BC" with an arrow in the photo above. I did that to show the kids which way to read the timeline, but it confused the little ones a bit: they think BC means go upstairs, and AD means go down.
1 comment:
What a cool idea with the timeline! And that bit about ad and bc cracked me up :)
Post a Comment