I don't care if the world thinks I'm weird for naming the birds, they end up being such a sweet part of my day, that I enjoy making it a bit more personal.
This sweet bird is a Carolina wren who greets every sunrise with a cheerful song -- oh, what I could learn from its attitude! When I come in to the kitchen to make my coffee, it is already at the fence singing loudly as if the dawning sun and frosted pink clouds are the audience for its aria. I wonder if it knows how long I sit and listen as it sings the same tune over and over again...
I took this photo when the day could've blown the little brown bird away, yet it just sang and sang as its feathers were being rumpled. This one I'm naming Caroline... Sweet Caroline!
No comments:
Post a Comment