Sunday, December 1, 2013

Frozen and Skating on Ice

We headed to Nana and Papa's for Thanksgiving weekend, and got there in time for dinner Wednesday night. Thursday, Shelley and the kids made breakfast, then Allen and I started working on lunch. Around mid morning, Randy, Jason, and Allen started frying turkeys in the frigid backyard. We had a tasty lunch, then spent the afternoon napping, playing, knitting, playing games, reading, and watching football -- just what Thanksgiving is supposed to be.

Friday, Randy and Shelley, Jason and Beckham, and our four kids headed to the theater to see Disney's Frozen. I heard from all of them that it was a great movie, but Allen and I headed out for a little bit of kid-free Christmas shopping. I really enjoyed the quiet time, and we got to the stores when they weren't TOO crowded. Saturday morning, Randy, Shelley, Allen, the kids, and I went ice skating. It was something new for the kids, but they all had fun! Of our kiddos, only Maddie and Will had been roller skating before. Allen and I decided we hadn't ice skated since 1993 when we were on a group outing with one of our high school groups. Though the kids fell many times, no one got hurt too badly. I think there were only a couple tears when Ben hit his head on the ice, but he got over it after he got his Mama-hug. They all had enough fun they've asked to do it again sometime :)

No comments: