Monday, August 17, 2015

E.M.A. - Monday

Here we go AGAIN!! It is the seven day countdown to the first day of school. This is our seventh year of early morning adventures (but I didn't have an official name for the first few years.) Each morning, bright and early, the kids and I get up, get ready, and get out the door by 7:30am to practice the habit for when school starts. I don't tell any of the kids what our adventure for the day is UNTIL they are buckled in the car. I've found that the surprise is usually what keeps them moving in the morning, so we will probably keep that part up for a long time.

This morning as we were backing out of the driveway, I told them our plan: a private (Kaisers-only) tennis lesson at the tennis and swim club. It was a "hit"! Really, the kids enjoyed it and were sad when it was over -- anxious to play again soon. After that, we headed to Lowe's. They were not quite as excited about that, but they helped me pick out some house plants that would be in our home schoolroom. Finally, we headed to the pool (back to the same place we played tennis) for the afternoon.

No comments: