Tuesday, August 18, 2015

E.M.A. - Tuesday

Today was another fun day. We started the morning at the farmers' market and I gave each of the kids five one-dollar bills to spend. That was such a favorite event two years ago, that they have asked to do it again. We came home with lots of fruits and veggies, and even some jam. I still think it is a great use of $20 -- especially since they eat veggies for all their snacks for awhile.
Next, we stopped at Walmart. I gave each of the them a budget of $20 to spend on a charity. Will picked out several containers of peanut butter, canned chicken, and beans to take to the local food pantry. Jon chose to spend his twenty on bars of soap, washcloths, toothbrushes, and hair-clips for the girls' home. Maddie picked out a variety of school supplies to drop off at our church for children who need help getting school supplies. Ben picked out a lot of Gatorade for the local fire station.
We dropped off all the groceries at three of the locations pretty quickly. The last stop was the fire station, and the firefighters were happy to let the kids take a tour of the fancy trucks.
It was a hundred-dollar day, but I think the seeds that were planted were worth it!



No comments: