Thursday, December 2, 2010

Happy Birthday, Will!

I can't believe this kid is already seven! Yesterday, I asked him if he enjoyed six. He told me, "I don't want to be seven. I'll just stay six. I know, I know.... you don't know how I can do that. But, I'm going to find Peter Pan Land so I won't have to grow up."

Today, I picked Will up for his annual pediatrician check-up. At age seven, he weighs 51 pounds and is 48" tall. He reads like a third or fourth grader, so Allen and I can no longer spell our "secret" conversations. Even when we race through the letters, he knows exactly what we are saying. Pig Latin works for now as long as Jon isn't around to translate.

After the doc visit, we had lunch at Dairy Queen (no dessert) and I took him back to school with treats for his class. I figured out how to make mock-cupcakes, and his class enjoyed cupcake-shaped Rice Krispie treats with icing and sprinkles.


For dinner, we all went out to a Hibachi  grill at Will's request. We all had fun, but Jon wasn't too crazy about the table fire.

No comments: