Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Right Now

Out my window: it is dark, cloudy, and cool -- make that cold.
I am wearing: exercise pants, a tank top, a pajama top, white socks, purple slippers, glasses, no makeup.

I am hearing: Tico is sitting next to me purring, Shadow is licking his paw, Allen is playing a stressful sound (is it music or a game, I don't know,) my voice asking Allen to turn it down, .... ahhhh...precious silence with a hint of purr.
I am thinking: I will be spending tomorrow with Jon since he is sick, I am looking forward to spending the day with him, Law & Order will be on soon, I have a great book to read, I am thirsty, I am way behind on my stories and I am trying to be okay with that.

I am thankful for: my husband and children, our families, our health, my girlfriends who know just when I need to hear from them.
I am creating: a mess... but so that I can clean it up. The office was cleaned and reorganized, so we emptied the attic into the office. Now I am slowly working on putting it back together and purging all our unloved, unneeded stuff. Today, I emptied, purged, and reorganized the pantry.
I am going: to watch a TV show, to read, to sleep, to get up at 6:30, to get ready for the day, to take Ben and Maddie to preschool tomorrow.

I am hoping: for peace in my home, to get some good sleep, to be in the mood to exercise.
I am reading: my way through the Bible and about to start Ezra, The Red Tent (Diamant), The Screwtape Letters (CS Lewis), Surprised by Joy (CS Lewis), A Course in Weight Loss (Williamson), Parents Magazine, Reader's Digest, Guideposts.
Around the house: the children are nestled all snug in their beds, the kitchen "candles" are flickering, the nebulizer is out on the counter ready for the next breathing treatment, the office is not quite back to normal, the dining room is a big mess (full of give-away piles).
Some of my favorite things: a hug from my husband, a group hug with giggling kids, time with good friends, a good cup of coffee, the scent of my Tarocco lotion and conditioner, quiet.

A few plans for the rest of the week: finishing touches on the wooden car (quite the family affair), meeting with MOPS group leaders, Will's Pinewood Derby, time with friends, hanging some shelves and photos, finishing the office clean up, prepping a short welcome address for the March of Dimes luncheon, reorganize freezers and list everything on the newly-hung dry erase board.

No comments: