Our annual pumpkin patch trip was cancelled this year because our normal location was closed due to the drought. I was a little bummed to not be getting fun fall pictures, but I don't know when we would have fit it in anyway. This weekend, Papa and Nana were working at a booth at their local elementary school fall carnival, so after our camp-out, we headed to the school to see what fun was available. I was half-way hoping for a cute pumpkin setting for photos, but I didn't find one. I did have fun taking pictures of the kids having fun, though.
The kids were excited at all the options. I was a bit anxious about the crowds (one of those things I thought I would grow out of, but it seems to be getting worse now that I can't hear properly.) Daddy and Nana bought some of the tickets and all the kids played a few games, the five-year olds went on an inflatable obstacle course, and Will and Nana broke boards at the karate booth. Will used some of his tickets on the dunk booth, and sunk the volunteer on the first throw.
Some of the free activities included going through the firetruck and using the fire hoses to knock the fire cut-outs out of a house. Cousin Beckham even got chance to help his Uncle Allen put out the fires.
The local high school cheerleaders did some routines then invited kids to come learn to cheer. Jon got right up there and did some cheering, Maddie joined him a bit later, but Ben raced for the stage and sat from the high point watching the girls. It was tough to convince him to get down, especially since the coach was so sweet to help him up there. The kids had fun and were disappointed when it was time to leave to get dinner.










No comments:
Post a Comment