I used to sing a pumpkin song to Will. I tried singing it to the kids the other day, but the loud clap startled them and they refuse to let me sing it now. I can't help but laugh that these kids are enjoying being scared by Halloween decor, but their mama clapping is just too much. Nonetheless, every time I see our decorated pumpkins, I at least hum the tune to myself. Ben, Maddie, and Jon decorated their pumpkins for school, and Will decorated one just because he wanted to. We still have a few more around here undecorated, so I may have to post more pictures this weekend ... I have a feeling those orange squashes will be boredom busters again.
Five little pumpkins sitting on a gate;
The first one said, "Oh my it's getting late."
The second one said, "There are witches in the air."
The third one said, "But I don't care."
The fourth one said, "I'm ready for some fun!"
The fifth one said, "Let's run and run and run."
"Wooooooo" went the wind,
And out went the lights. (CLAP!)
And the five little pumpkins rolled out of sight.
No comments:
Post a Comment