Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The Little Princess

As I've been preparing for our garage sale, I came a VHS that we are selling because we don't have a VCR anymore. This was one of my favorite movies, but it has been ages since I've seen it.
When I was curling Maddie's hair for Halloween, I kept telling her she reminded me of The Little Princess Shirley Temple. Since she had NO idea who or what Shirley Temple was, I got to show her some pictures. Later, Will asked the same thing, and when I showed him pictures of Shirley Temple, even he agreed that Maddie looked a bit like her.
When Maddie saw her head of curls, her eyes got big, a smile spread across her face and she exclaimed, "Mama, I am adorable!" I asked her if she knew what "adorable" meant and she replied, "That means I am super cute. Look at me. See how cute and adorable I am?" So, now we get to figure out how to teach the right balance of confidence and humility...

No comments: