Life got a bit crazy right about the middle of December when Allen's work loaded shifted quickly. First, due to a coworker moving on to another job, leaving his workload on Allen's desk. Second, some of the equipment needed to be repaired and that meant longer and unpredictable hours. I took Ben, Maddie, and Jon to my parents for a couple days so that I could still attend a few meetings I had planned (I just took Will with me.) Because the little ones weren't home, I was able to go on a dinner date with Will and also go to his class Christmas party on the last day of school before the holidays.


Will's second grade class had pancakes and pigs-in-blankets for breakfast, did a gift exchange, performed a readers' theater, then they made gingerbread houses (actually graham cracker-and-icing houses in gingerbread-style). It was mostly fun to stay and watch Will work on his project, but, I must admit, the 17 kids and dozen parents and tons of sticky icing and lots and lots of sugared-up loud chaos did put me a little on-edge.
Will didn't finish all the touches he wanted to put on his house, but he got to work on it some more when we got home. Here is his sweet creation!
No comments:
Post a Comment