Saturday, January 14, 2012

Right Now

RIGHT NOW
... it is 3:23pm on a Saturday afternoon
... I am sitting in my yellow chair in my living room next to the window
typing on the computer
... Tico is snoozing between me and the armrest
... Allen is on the couch playing Wii Lego Pirates of the Caribbean
... The dryer is tumbling
... The kids' unfolded laundry is in four piles on the couches and chairs in here
... The sun is shining outside and I can see birds in the feeder
... Shadow is pacing and his tags are jingling
... The kids are supposed to be napping, but I hear them jumping upstairs
... I should be thinking about dinner: tortilla soup or chicken spaghetti?
... I should be reconciling my bank statements
... I could be getting the mail
... I could be reading one of the many books on my nightstand that I've started: Making Children Mind Without Losing Yours, 30 Days to Taming Your Stress (stress seems to be related to children not minding), What is the What, Sons of Encouragement, my Bible
... Our Christmas tree is still up and I'm okay with that
... I am sipping Coca-Cola from my purple cup from Ema
... I am wearing a blue sweatshirt, my comfy Levis, and my cozy purple slippers
... Jon and Maddie came downstairs and are working on folding their laundry
... Maddie is trying to fold clothes while holding her baby doll
... I am chuckling at the truth she speaks as Maddie is complaining, "It's too hard to do laundry with my baby!"
... Jon keeps getting distracted by the video game
... I am procrastinating by writing about this not-so-quiet quiet moment when I'm comfortably not doing much
... But, I'm content.

No comments: