- Yes.
I need a costume for it.
- Ok. When and what?
I'm Robin in the movie and we film tomorrow.
- Robin Hood?
No. Batman's Robin.
- When do you need a costume?
Tomorrow.
-WHAT?! Why didn't you say something sooner?
This only happened because a few stars in the sky lined up properly.
1. Will already had a cape at school that he made for the costume.
2. I had a red v-neck shirt in the get-rid-of pile. I cut the sleeves off.
3. I had a black shirt in that pile, too. I cut it into a strip for a belt, a strip for the mask, a circle for the "R"
4. I had several pieces of yellow felt in the kids' art drawer. One of them was cut into the circle, R, belt buckle, and chest-laces.
5. Allen played with the kids and got them into bed for the hour and a half I worked on the outfit.
I guess Will wasn't expecting much since knew I didn't even have time to go to the store for supplies, but when he saw the shirt and mask, his face lit up in surprise and excitement. It made all the work worth it! I guess I did have a bit of fun creating this outfit, and I look forward to wearing it next Halloween -- it is MY size, after all :)

No comments:
Post a Comment