When I was visiting Kansas, my friend Cheryl highly recommended One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. I found the book on sale at the Christian bookstore, purchased it, and devoured it. There were a few parts I did not like... at all... but overall, I thought it was a great book because it made me see my life through different lenses than what I've been seeing it through. It is a book about being thankful for all of God's gifts and being appreciative for the life I have. It challenged me to begin my list of 1000 things for which I am thankful. If I choose to be thankful, and let that be the mood of the moment, then there isn't room in that moment for anger and frustration. The point is to be thankful always. I thought I'd dive right in and begin, listing many, but not all, right here where I can read them on those days that I need to be reminded how much I am loved by Him. Starting just where I am, in no particular order...
I am thankful for:
#2 - The extra kisses Jon gave me at bedtime.
#3 - Ben's tight bear hugs.#4 - Maddie enjoys me combing her hair
#5 - Will's sense of humor
#6 - The few moments of quiet while Allen gets the kids ready for bed.
#7 - A friendly titmouse chirping at me while I fill the birdbath.
#8 - A bluebird nest full of four more eggs, four potential baby birds
#9 - Allen is home
#10 - Family games, together, having fun
#11 - Great books
#13 - Freedom to go to church... where ever we want to go#14 - Sun beams coming through the curtains
#15 - Sleeping in
#16 - Snuggling with Pickles while I work on my study
#17 - Access via technology
#18 - Nose kisses from Shadow
#19 - Ben choosing to play his game, next to me
#20 - A washer and dryer that work... constantly
#21 - A home filled with cheerful noise and giggles
#22 - Friends I can call in an emergency
#24 - Playing with sidewalk chalk
#25 - An evening breeze as I sit outside
#26 - Sharing conversation with neighbors
#27 - Watching children play
#28 - Having the means to pay all the bills
#29 - Children loving to learn
#30 - Choices on where to send kids to school
to be continued...
1 comment:
I love this idea. Thanks for sharing. I think I'll start making my list right now, too.
Post a Comment