Tuesday, August 28, 2012
Mama Crushed
Today is the second day of school. Yesterday was tougher than I planned, but today, Maddie and Jon insisted on going in the school without me. Ben saved me by asking me to go in with him (I was glad to still feel needed). When we got to the school, I was crushed when all three insisted they were big enough kids to go in without me. "We're big kids now. Just drop us off at the door." ... even Ben insisted. When I did drop them off, they didn't even look back. I cried a bit. It is hard to go from being constantly needed for the last eight-and-a-half years to feeling unneeded all of a sudden. That's what I get for teaching them to be adventurous. Hopefully, this nest-fledging will be the hardest one until they are 18 and heading off to college.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment