Many weeks ago, I posted that I was making a list of my One Thousand Gifts. Here are some more of my little treasures:
31. Sun rays coming through leafy trees
32. Morning glories blooming on the fence
33. Family -- four generations have a sweet time sharing adventures together
34. Twinkling tunes of our wind chimes
35. My sister-in-law and I laughing so hard we end up crying
36. Blue birds snacking in the backyard
37. My kids knowing how to swim when they fall into a river
38. Special days with my kids
39. 80-degree weather in Texas in August
40. Pickles being predictable -- only climbing on our bed when Allen and I are both in it
41. Sharply cool and clear river water
42. A friend calling to encourage me... just because
43. Shadow's graying muzzle gently brushing my ear
44. Sitting next to Allen and all four kids at church
45. Jon being excited to have a friend
46. Ben, Maddie, and Jon playing inseparably after spending the day apart
47. Heart-let prayers of five-year olds
48. A tingle in my spine when Allen holds my hand
49. My back stopped hurting
50. Maddie being thrilled to be going to school
51. New-to-us furniture that is comfy enough for an unplanned nap
52. Hearing the Star Spangled Banner while watching the Olympics
53. Ben's eyes when he is smiling at me
54. Rain!
55. Will exclaimed, "My school day was awesome! I love this school!"
56. Ben stopping and stooping to study bugs
57. Peach juice running to my elbows
58. An email from Will just saying "I love you."
59. Ben whispering to me that he loves school
60. My children's independence, adventurous spirits, and eagerness to learn
61. Finding time for a great book... every day
62. Maddie's freckles sprinkled across her cheeks and nose
63. ... and when she covers her mouth trying to hold back the cute joyful giggles
64. Sunlight coming through stormy clouds at sunrise
65. The quiet of the early morning darkness
No comments:
Post a Comment