Thursday, August 21, 2014

Early Morning Adventures - Day 4



Early Morning Adventures – Day 4

Lights! Camera! Action! Get ready for an exciting day on the set!
Stroll onto a soundstage designed to recall 1930s - era Hollywood, hop on board for a tour of some the greatest film scenes, and cross over into a world that could only exist in the movies.

One of Thursday’s features includes state-of-the-art technology, including a flight simulator, digital 3D video, and special effects and music. We will be immersed in Star Wars mythology for an intergalactic adventure. During our voyage, we will interact with many of the characters and places of the Star Wars saga.

For the brave, we will have a chance for an interesting tour. Classic stars of the silver screen sought rest and relaxation at a particular hotel during the Golden Age of Hollywood. In 1939, 5 unfortunate hotel patrons were riding in the elevator when a violent storm struck the building… and they were never seen again. Whatever became of them and wherever they may have gone has remained a mystery to this day. The hotel closed down that night and has remained abandoned ever since. Those who dare will tour the famous Hollywood Tower Hotel.


Thursday, we started the day with an early breakfast at Magic Kingdom with Pooh and friends, then most of us went to Hollywood Studios.

I was feeling pretty sick at breakfast and had to leave the building a few times for fresh air. When I said I wanted to head back to rest in the room after breakfast, Ben asked if he could come, too, because he didn't feel well, either. He watched a Disney movie on TV while I slept. After a couple hours out of the heat, he was up to rejoining the rest of the family so we headed to Hollywood Studios to meet them for lunch.

It was a long, really hot walk to the back of the park and when we got there, I was ready to go back to bed with a headache and tummy ache. So... I don't know much of what the rest of them did when I wasn't there. Jon, Maddie, and Will were anxious for Ben to go with them on the Star Wars ride, and Jon and Will couldn't wait to take Ben on the Tower of Terror.

While I was there, the kids rode the Star Wars ride several times. Maddie was getting pretty worn out and Mom's back was hurting, so they both wanted to head to the room with me when I went. We left the guys to ride a few more rides and start shopping for souvenirs.


Mom slept, I did laundry and packed, and Maddie wrote in her journal and read on the balcony. When the boys returned with light sabers, Maddie was ready to go shopping. Allen took her and Jon to Epcot where she had seen a Chinese umbrella she was wanting. While they were there, Allen found a beer stein, and they looked for a satchel for Jon. Mom, Dad, Will, Ben, and I headed to the resort restaurant for dinner. While Allen was still out with the younger two, the storms began. Though it rained every day, that was the first we saw of it because it always happened while we were eating our sit-down lunches.

We didn't end up with many pictures today since I often wasn't with the group to snap photos, but, at the end of the day, we all felt much better.

No comments: