Monday, August 25, 2014

First Day of School

Nothing like jumping into a school routine right after a busy vacation! As it is every year, though, our kids were thrilled to meet a new school year, new teachers, and new friends. The three youngest were also all at new schools.

Will is our fifth-grader.  The tree is too tall now to be in the photo, but when Will began preschool, I was able to be close enough to get both the little tree and the little Will in the picture.

Jon is in third-grade this year. We struggled a bunch this summer trying to decide what was best for the triplets. In the end, we asked what they wanted to do. Jon wanted to take the test to see if he could skip second grade and go to Innovation. He passed it with flying colors and he is thrilled to be a third-grader.
I got  to have a first day at school, too. I will be doing long-term substitute teaching for third- and fourth-grade science while that teacher is out on maternity leave. The neat part is that Jon is one of my third-graders.

When we were deciding about what grades the younger kids should be in, Ben and Maddie decided that they wanted "to be plain old second-graders so it isn't so hard." (Their words). They are in second grade at the local elementary school. Today, Allen took them to school and I took the other two boys with me.

Since I was busy getting set up for school, I completely forgot to take pictures of Jon and Will with their teachers. I am thankful Allen thought to get photos of Ben and Maddie. Ben has Mrs. Craft, and Maddie has Mrs. Wilson.

No comments: