Thursday, August 14, 2014

Parent-kiddo dates

This summer, Allen and I planned to give each of our kiddos some one-on-one time. We only have one week left, and I guess we are only going to be half way done. BUT... each of the kids has gotten a parent-date, and each of them really enjoyed their time with us. 

Maddie and I went to Olive Garden for a tasty dinner and dessert. Next, we headed to Petsmart so she could work on a badge by "shopping" for a new pet and all the needed supplies. She had fun talking with one of the employees about the different types of animals and their needs.

Allen and Will went to Wasabi for sushi -- Will's favorite! They ended their time at Andy's for frozen custard.


Jon and I tried a new restaurant (to us.) We headed to Razzoo's and Jon was THRILLED that I let him order alligator as an appetizer. Afterwards, we headed to Target for sandals for him and groceries for the family.

Allen and Ben had pancakes and omelets at IHOP, then Allen set the bar really high. He took Ben to the mall to do the sky-jump (a trampoline jump with bungee cords attached to the jumper from up high.) Ben's three minutes of flying and flipping through the air were recorded, but I can just tell you: HE DID NOT STOP BEAMING!! The other three saw the video and were instantly jealous.

Between scouts, Bible study dinners, church events, planning meetings, and several weeks of Allen traveling for work, we are having trouble finding those extra moments to be away and out with just one kiddo. Sometimes we have just one night when we are all home, and those are treasured moments, too. SO... we will keep the other four dates on our to-do list for once school begins because Allen and I enjoy them as much as the kids do.


No comments: