Friday, October 17, 2014

Eight!... times three

While they were at school, I was crafting some special birthday cakes. Ben requested a white cake, chocolate icing, and Minecraft decorations.
Jon wanted chocolate cake with plain icing and dinosaurs.
Maddie wanted a pink strawberry cake with Hello Kitty on it.
I loved decorating them, but was not sure how I'd find time in an already busy schedule to make THREE different flavors of cake and three different types of icing. The last few years when the kids have had opinions about what kinds of cake, they always at least agreed on the flavors. This time I wasn't so lucky. So... I cheated a bit. I ordered the cakes and I did the decorating. That turned out to be a perfect solution since I got to do the fun part and the cakes ended up being quite tasty, too.

Here are the cute eight-year olds! Jon has a bit of a mustache as he gave himself a hickey sucking on on a water bottle. You can go back through all eight of his years of special events and he has a big facial bruise on about a third of those pictures. 
They had a couple friends over for a sleep-over party and Will went to a friend's house. The girls slept in Maddie's room, but seemed to have talked all night long. The boys camped in the living room and fell asleep MUCH faster that the gabbing girls.
Happy birthday to my [often] sweet trio. Everywhere we go, when people notice you are triplets, they say, "Wow! You sure have your hands full." While I can't disagree with that, I have started to tell them, "It is really that my HEART is full." I am so blessed to be your Mama!


No comments: