Friday, October 31, 2014

A Dancer, A Ninja, A Platypus, Two Doctors, & A Comic... go out for Halloween

Halloween photos often make life seem much more fun. ... or maybe it is the costumes. Go back through all my Halloween blogs, though, and you'll find October is one of the most stressful times for me. I'll bet I never even identify WHY, but I know that I've started my blog stories with something along the lines of, "I didn't feel like even doing Halloween this year." ... but that's been a constant EVERY year.

This time I've been overwhelmed with a to-do list for scouts that's a mile long. Between birthdays and scout events every weekend, Allen traveling for work, church meetings, housework, and homework, I can't seem to get my feet under me and I am constantly scrambling. Life is too busy right now and I am craving some empty margins. But, on Halloween, we dress up and smile for the pictures so...

Maddie dressed as a Spanish dancer
Will was Doctor Who -- the tenth doctor
Ben was Perry the Platypus (or, rather, Agent P) from Phineas and Ferb
Jon was a ninja
Shadow was a ghost. As I was photographing the kids, the dog looked out the window and did his unique moo. With a white curtain on his head, it sounded more like a ghostly "booooo!"
Allen dressed as Dr. Doofenshmitz. He did that a couple years ago, but since Ben was Agent P this time, he needed his nemesis to go along, too.

And I had fun painting my face to be a comic book character. I had even MORE fun helping with a church activity at one of our neighbor's and seeing people who I knew but they had no idea who *I* was. Now THAT was comical!!

No comments: