This weekend I have been working on finishing up the 2013 blog book for Christmas gifts. Most years, I get worn out from sitting over a computer knowing it takes awhile to get all the stories formatted and the higher quality images attached to the right stories, but feeling like all I'm doing is sitting and not getting other household chores done. Every year, I wonder if it is worth the trouble, but I know how much I like reading the books and the gifts are appreciated so I keep going.
As I finished up the last few things and chose background colors and images for the cover, Will sat watching over my shoulder as the pages went by on the screen. A few minutes later, he asked if he could get one of the printed books out and soon he was laughing and reading aloud stories from 2011. It didn't take long for all four kids to be crowded around the book on the couch. Allen took a break from working on dinner and came and kissed all the kids on the head and I caught his eye as he smiled over them. Forty minutes later, they were still flipping pages and giggling together over the funny things they said or did when they were four years younger. So... I may have wondered earlier today if the book was worth the trouble, but now I know. It is! And these are the reasons I blog and print the stories.
So... Book worthy? ABSOLUTELY!
No comments:
Post a Comment