Sunday, November 30, 2014

More Cousin Crafting

Saturday was a girls' day out. Allen had gone back home to check on Tico who has been pretty sick lately, and Jason and Dad kept the boys until Allen got back to Waco Saturday morning. The guys all hiked down the street for burgers for lunch.

Mom, Angel, and I took Maddie and Julianne to the Fair again since Julianne hadn't been with us yesterday. The girls chose different crafts to do, but a couple times they were working at the same table.

Maddie really enjoyed basket weaving, and she was so proud of her pretty basket!
Next, she made a little tissue holder. She has done some embroidery stitching at home and tried cross stitching yesterday at the fair, but I think this is the first time she's sewed something really useful.
While Maddie sewed the tissue holder, Julianne sewed a gift bag, and Aunt Angel sewed a tissue holder, too.
Julianne tried a few other crafts that Maddie or the boys had done yesterday, then the girls went to pet the chicks and bunnies.

That evening, we rinsed, washed, and dried the tie-dyed shirts.
Sunday morning, we packed up our luggage to head home. Before we left, though, I helped Maddie and Julianne finish another part of the textile badge. Instead of having two wearable shirts, I taught them how to turn one of them into a cute purse. When we got home, I showed Maddie how to use the sleeve scraps to make braided bracelets, and that's how she did the badge (well... almost. Now she just needs to write up what she learned.)

No comments: