Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Eleven

Tuesdays, I pick Will up at school at 12:15, and we have about an hour and a half together until we go back for Jon (he has STEM club on Tuesdays after school.) Today, I picked Will up and we went and had lunch at Fresh (a fancy-ish grocery store). We had sushi and berries for lunch, then we went to the bakery and he picked out a German Chocolate cake for his birthday cake... because sometimes Mama is too busy to cook and the cakes at Fresh have been delicious.
We enjoyed our time together, and it was an added bonus that it happened on his birthday. As we were on our way to get Jon, the school nurse at Ben's school called and said I needed to come get Ben, so our quiet time was short-lived, but special.

I think every year I get to December 2nd and wonder where time went. How did Will make it to age eleven? The last few weeks have been a struggle with lots of back talk and arguing. There have been plenty of days I wondered if we would both make it to his eleventh birthday... but we have all survived so far. Today, Will was in great spirits, so I can finish this story with a big grin! Happy birthday, [sometimes] Sweet William!
PS - He loved the gifts he opened today, as you can tell by the smiles. When the last gift was a Theodore Boone book he has been wanting since spring, he blurted, "This has been the BEST birthday EVER! I got everything I wanted!!" He got a couple sets of Magic cards from us, a metal take-apart puzzle from great grandparents, a magazine subscription from Gramma and Granddad, a Theodore Boone book from Uncle Jason and Aunt Angel, and a Doctor Who watch set from Nana and Papa.


No comments: