Ben and Maddie were excited that I signed up to help with their field day. What we didn't realize is that I wouldn't get to see them much while I was "working". I was assigned (with Will helping me) to the snow cone stand. Neither of my kiddos ended up AT the snow cone station while I was there, though. I was sad that I didn't get to interact with them while I volunteered, but we will just put it under the "lessons learned" column. Both of them had a blast and I did see them just before lunch. They loved having an all-school play day with water slides, water balloons, games, and treats. Both kids' classes arranged for a pizza party, too. Will was a great helper and we did have a nice time staying cool with the ice... and I enjoyed watching a pair of bluebirds all morning in the school's garden.
No comments:
Post a Comment