Monday, November 16, 2015

Finding the words

Will was working on writing an essay for school that was supposed to be about a season -- he chose to write about autumn, and his essay was supposed to describe the season using all five senses. Since he was struggling to describe things clearly, Will, Ben, and I stopped at the store for some apple cider and we headed out to the nature reserve for a little stroll through the woods on a crisp autumn day.
 Below is the essay he submitted:
A Walk in the Woods
        Fall is a beautiful time to take walk in the woods. It is a gorgeous autumn evening, and when night draws near, the red-gold sunlight streams through the yellow, red, and orange leaves. Ashy, and barren, the other trees host few homes of cheeping titmice and cardinals. The dry needles cover the dry earth like a piney blanket. Walking towards the house I can smell the spicy apple cider and hear cheering on the football game. When I sit down, I enjoy my slice of sweet, pumpkiny pie. The hot fire is a very different feeling than the cold fall outside. The fall day ended peacefully. 

No comments: