This year we headed to Melissa for a long Thanksgiving weekend with Allen's family.
Wednesday night, Randy and Shelley treated Jason, Jenn, Allen, and I to a wonderful dinner out for the six of us while sitters stayed with the six kids. Thursday morning, Nana gave the kids a project to keep them busy -- they created place cards and decorations for the dinner table. (Ok...I had to join in, too.) Thanksgiving day was as quiet as can be expected with four adults and four kids, and Jason's family joined us later that evening to watch football.
Friday, instead of shopping with the rest of the world, our group headed to an indoor rock-climbing facility. It was a great way to get out of the house and be active, and I expect we will all do that again sometime. At one point this weekend, I looked up and Will's and Allen's profiles were lined up just right to show that Will has a nose and chin like Allen.
Saturday night and Sunday morning, Maddie made a birthday cake for Will. One of her cake-decorating badge requirements is to start with a sheet cake and make it into a different shape. She chose to make a Batman cake under Nana's supervision. Sunday at lunch, we celebrated Will's birthday with the creative cake.






No comments:
Post a Comment