Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Middle School Dance

Tonight, we were supposed to stay awake. Will went to his first dance (yes, on a Tuesday). It was a decades-theme that Venture middle school and high school were having. He dressed up as someone from the 1920s. He had a great time hanging out with friends, and even ended up helping with the clean up crew since he rode home with the Carliles who were also helping. That meant he got home late -- Allen and I had both fallen asleep watching TV, but we really did TRY to stay up. I am so thankful for friends who don't mind taking the late shift for the 30-minute drive home from the dance. I am even more thankful for a great group of friends with whom Will can have fun!
I am not really sure how the moments snuck up on us like they did. Sometimes it seems like just a few days ago that I was up every three hours feeding a little toe-headed baby...or tucking him in with his fuzzy white bear... or wiping his nose. Now? Now... I fall asleep waiting for him to come home from a dance. And that makes me feel a bit (ahem) old. I am not sure I am ready for that part.

No comments: