only because the weather is so pretty and since Will's school has spring break this week, we haven't gotten out. The tree grinder was going so we could not just play in the yard. Allen and I packed up the little ones in the circus train, and Will took his trike and we started walking. We got about 100 feet from the house and Jon spewed so we went home. Not to fret, Allen and Jon got cleaned up and changed, Jon smiled, so we were back to our trek. Our neighborhood has a pretty little green belt and sidewalk that meanders through the middle, sort of in the backyards of a lot of houses. The nice thing about it is that I can let Will go ahead of us on the sidewalk since there are no cars to worry about. So we traversed the path to the playground and waved at the couple barbequing (that smelled great!), we said hi to the dad and his two young sons walking the same trail, we watched a dog prance his fence line looking for someone to play fetch, we watched two girls jumping on a trampoline and two other girls walking in barefeet. We stopped at the playground and Ben, Maddie, and Jon and I played in the grass while Allen helped Will climb and swing to get rid of some excess energy (Someone please explain why a 4-year old without a nap seems to have more energy that a well-rested one.) Then we went back home, but this time on the street for a change of scenery. We stopped and chatted with some neighbors and looked at the trees that were still standing.When we got home, we got the kids in bed and cleaned up the kitchen. Usually that is done right after dinner, but we wanted to enjoy the day while we could still see. And then, GASP, I sat down to find out who in the top twelve was eliminated from American Idol. For some reason it bugs me that I like that show. . .that I am apparently addicted to it. I can actually live with out the results show and look the eliminated ones up online, but I really do like watching the show when they are singing. Unfortunately, the other show I am addicted to starts Monday -- I am hooked on Dancing with the Stars. Ever since my aunt watched one when we were visiting my parents, and Heather Mills fascinated me by dancing with a presthetic leg, I've been hooked. This season will prove to be just as fascinating -- Marlee Matlin is one of the contestants and since she is deaf, she will only be able to feel the beat of the music. So now that I have admitted that I have a silly addiction, I can start the 12 step program, right? For Americal Idol, I vow to take one step per week toward eliminating the habit. . .Number 11 eliminated next week, then 10, 9, . . .hey, I should be over it right about the time they announce the winner!! And on DWTS, they are doing a double elimination the first week, so. . .hmmm. . .that will be over about the same time. I can do it! Yes I can!!
2 comments:
She likes them so much that the snide-comment-factor has to be lowered in the house for a time. A DIFFICULT time, people.
Sarah---
I have to admit...I have the same bad habit of getting sucked into those reality shows too. Jim hates them (he calls me a "mush head" but hey that is my "me time." Sad to say, the reality show addition doesn't end with just those for me. Can I join your 12-step program? :)
~Diane
Post a Comment