Friday, March 7, 2008

The view from the staircase

Here is the view as I sat at the top of the stairs this morning. It is a cold, wet, gloomy day. I am glad it's warm inside & I made it cozier by lighting some scented candles. It is very muddy since it rained or snowed all night. The snow didn't stick around much, but Will was excited to see it falling. I overheard him asking Allen, "What is that? It's the same color as snow. Does that mean it IS snow?"

Jon and Ben are still sick, but Ben was playing this morning, so maybe he is starting to feel better. Jon threw up all over the carpet. While I was tending to Jon and trying to keep him out of the mess until he was done, Ben got out the gate and Will started getting in trouble in the kitchen. All at the same time, and after 5 days of sick, cranky kids, I am getting frazzled. I have to keep my cool just a few more hours, then Allen will be home. Things seem so much easier for me when he is around. Partly because he is so helpful, and partly because I am a lot more calm and collected in his presence.


Allen's family is coming this weekend and we plan to just have a relaxed weekend. My mother-in-law offered to keep the kids on Sunday so I can get out for a little while (the guys all plan to shoot skeet). I had planned to stick around the house with Shelley and Jenn and the kids, but after this week, I think I'll need to get away at least for a short while. Maybe the kids will all be feeling great, and we can all just escape. . . .or maybe I should try to get some time away from being Mommy. . . .we'll see how it all works out.

Although it's been a rough week with all the kids being sick, I managed to find a little time to create. Since Ben & Jon were the sickest, I guess I wanted to see them smiling even if it was just in the pictures. I decided on one layout for the photos from when they turned 6 months, then I only changed it a little when I created the second layout. (You've already seen the layout of
Maddie on the same day.) As I was neatening the office, I found the advent calendar I made in December. I made it after Christmas, so we didn't use it yet. . .I can't wait to fill the little drawers with little goodies for next Christmas, though.

The babies are sleeping their morning nap right now, and the carpet has been cleaned. Now I will collect my thoughts, take ten deep breaths, and see if Will is ready to paint his paper mache bowl we made earlier this week. Have a great weekend!



No comments: