










Well now I have October photos from the last few years done. Who needs to be "caught up?" Why would I want to be "caught up?" Since I have so many young kids, I often asked how I find time to scrapbook. I pretty much answer the same way, "I make time for what I enjoy doing," but I still wish I had more time for the fin I have. I thought I share how it all comes together for me. (If you aren't a scrapbooker, you can skip the rest of this entry.)
I have found that putting together mini-kits before I go scrapbook has made it all go so much smoother. It is probably the way I can use time the best. I include my sketch, my photos, patterned papers I have in my stash that will work & any cardstock that might coordinate. Since I don't make all the decisions before I make a kit, I often return with leftovers. For example, the "Pretty" kit had cardstock in dark pink, light pink, bright blue, white (I used for mats), and light blue (the background). The kit also had 4 different ribbons that might work, and 6 patterned papers, of which I used only 2.
- Take lots of photos.
- When viewing new photos, copy the ones you want to print into a "TO PRINT" folder.
- Print your photos to the size you will need.
For example, on the layouts above, I printed the photos of Jon ("Carefree") as 2"x3" since I knew that's the size they would be on the layout. With the "Pretty" photos, the 2 medium sized photos are each 3"x4" printed on one 4"x6". - Combine photos from event (3 minutes or less per kit).
- Find or create a sketch of what you plan to create (5-15 minutes). I create a go-to file for inspiration, sketches, or other ideas to incorporate. When I find a great layout, I often use it multiple times -- Pretty and Playhard are the same, but they are going in different albums, so it doesn't bother me; PLUS, they both went very quickly.
- Gather papers from your stash that would work with photos (10 minutes of searching, max).
- Gather cardstocks that might be used with papers & photos (5 minutes, no decisions).
- Gather embellishments that might work (5 minutes, no decisions). Find or make a sketch (5 or 10 minutes).
- Assemble your kit.
- Add title and journaling. I rarely add my journaling when I am at a crop or at home with Will in the room. I just can't focus. Since I seem to hoard alphabets (particularly Thickers) I can eliminate several pounds from my bag by not carrying my letters to a crop.
I am definitely a photo-centered scrapbooker. I choose my photos and then all the products I use complement the photos. However, I know many people scrap differently. In fact, often when I am creating a class or samples that a product-centered, I create my page then find the photos that will fit. Have fun!
2 comments:
Step 11: SHOW OFF LAYOUTS TO HUSBAND (REQUIRED STEP - DO NOT SKIP)
AHHH!! Allen is such a sweetie!! I just have to say I am jealous... I never get my journaling done!!
Aja
Post a Comment