Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Another day -- survived

Yesterday was another fun one, but I was too exhausted to write about it at the end of the day. Quick summary: Dad and I spent two hours at Lowe's getting supplies for the easels, after lunch he and I took the kids to a sprinkler park. When we pulled up to the water playground, Will insisted it would be no fun. I think he promised NOT to have fun, and was just grumpy. They had a wonderful time. Ben got soaked faster than Will did, Maddie loved playing with the fountains, and Jon was very interested in the drains. He loved hearing the water fall into them and he kept trying to catch the water before it fell into the tiny holes. Maddie and Ben never stopped running and for the most part they stayed where they were supposed to. Will joined in the play with other kids -- some around his age, some a little older. Dad kept saying the babies were easier to keep an eye on since they were shorter, we could just squat and look for three heads about waist high on the the other kids. Dad thought they had all been to a similar park since they were so comfortable with the other kids and the water, but this was a first for all four. I was worn out after about an hour -- mostly because we did have to chase Ben and Maddie some, but we all had a great time. Just as I figured, Will had a blast and is asking to go back. After dinner last night, Will "helped" Dad and me work on the easels. He counted a lot of screws and even handed me some when I needed them. He helped screw some of them in, but then he was off fighting Captain Hook (the trash can) with his mighty sword (a scrap of wood). We wore all the kids out, but I was exhausted, too.

Today has been pretty easy so far. Will helped my Dad get sticks out of the lake. I think he enjoyed being out in the canoe with Granddad. The biggest problem was that Ben wanted to go, too. As soon as Will and Dad went out the door, Ben was screaming "bye-bye!" and "out" and having tantrums when I didn't oblige. Maddie and Jon joined in just for the dramatic effect. The screaming worked. I wiggled out the door to get the train wagon and took them on a ride around the lake. The babies love being outside and relaxed as soon as I put them in the train. They enjoyed the horse, the birds, the puppies, and the canoe with Granddad and Will. Then all six of us went for a walk around the neighborhood. It is almost lunchtime and the natives are getting restless. . .

No comments: