Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I've been tagged

Thanks, Aja . . .now I have to think of 7 things AND 7 people?? Oh, well, I'm game. Here are 7 random or weird facts about me.


1. I over-think and over-plan almost everything. I've had 2 days to think about what to post on this tag, and through my mind runs "What don't they know?" "No, that's too personal." "No, everyone already knows that." "That's how many now? Oh that's too similar to number 4." Really, it is quite ridiculous, but it is me. Allen said that is an insanity I should share.


2. I must have my personal space or I get anxious. No, not to the point I need to see a doc, but I can't stand being crowded. Last week at the MOPS conventions, I skipped lunch rather than be pushed and shoved with 5000 ladies who were boob-to-back -- no, thank you. I don't like lots of traffic when I drive, I hate driving with the concrete barrier right next to me, and I really don't like hugging people unless I know them very well.


3. I am often told things that later make me cry. I hate hearing people tell me "I am glad I'm not you." "Oh, my. That many babies must be hell." "Wow! You have three kids (when Will is standing right next to them and is ignored completely.)" "How did that happen?" "Were you on fertility treatments?" What bothers me most is that my kids are hearing these things, too. I love all my children and I have never regreted that they are mine, and I don't want them hearing these things and wondering about what these strangers mean by the ugly things they say. And why to people think it is their business to ask about our sex life? Really? My favorite answer I've only had the guts to say once when I was rather cranky about the personal questions: "How did we do it? We had sex three times one night." Yup, that was a fun answer. . . the lady blushed, frowned, turned and stormed off. She had it coming and I didn't even feel bad.


4. I like when people remind me how blessed I am. When I've had really rough mommy-days, I will often take the triplets to the mall so the senior citizens can remind me how lucky I am and how well-behaved they are. I suppose that's a bit self-centered, but I do have those days when I have to be reminded. . .


5. Reading is one of my passions. Ashamed to admit it, but somedays (not many, I promise) I have been so into a book that I let my kids watch too much TV just so I can finish it. I rarely go to bed without reading something, and I have a huge pile of books on my nightstand to prove it. I have lots of magazine subscriptions, but mostly I enjoy mystery and suspense novels. I also ready non-fictions, but not any one particular type. Sometimes I read memoirs, or biographies, or health-related books, or cookbooks, or whatever floats my boat at a particular time. I don't like reading mysteries a second time -- it's no fun when I already know how it ends.


6. I act cooler than I really am. Today at the mall, Ben was having a tantrum and pulling down hats and socks because he was mad. I calmly pulled the stroller out of the way so he couldn't reach and I picked up the things he threw on the floor. While I was paying for my items, he undid the seatbelt and climbed out of the wagon. I calmly picked him up and held him while I finished the transaction. Two ladies commented on how calmly I handled the situation. Inside, I was trembling in frustration, embarrasment, anger, all of the above. Friends and stangers often comment on how calm I always am, or how organized, or what an awesome mom I am. I like hearing those things, but inside I feel the opposite. I guess I am like a duck -- calmly floating through the water, but underneath the water's surface she is paddling like crazy. Sometimes, I feel like I am living a lie; it isn't the other people I am trying to fool, but myself. I guess I think if I can act like that in public I can act like that always, and eventually the pretend will turn into reality. Did I mention I over-think things? . . .and this is almost like number 4?


7. I am madly in love with my husband. I don't feel complete without him, and when he is gone something just feels "off" to me. I am his biggest fan and he makes me so proud to be his wife. He is an awesome dad, and he is my very best friend!


I am a party pooper. As stressful as it was for me to think of seven things about me, I don't know if I could do that to anyone that I don't know too well. I had a few I could have tagged, but not seven who weren't already tagged. I am starting a reverse tag? Tell me to tag you and I will.

1 . . .2 . . . 3. . . YOU'RE IT!

1 comment:

Aja Jenise said...

Those are some AWE-some facts chica! Its those things that don't really come up randomly... oh say, in a scrapbook store. So nobody can knock online chatting, 'cause real life, face-to-face couldn't get as down-to-earth as that was... well unless were at Panera Bread or Starbucks (no coffee please!). NOTE TO SELF: I will have to remember not to hug you... cause I am a huggy kind of person. SECOND NOTE TO SELF: I will be sure to remind you every time... just how lucky you are to be a mother of FOUR, not triplets, not just that fine specimen of a four year old, BUT four brilliant children. IMPORTANT NOTE: And I must say, I need to try your whole keep-the-composure tactic. Truly! If I can do it in public... I can do it at home right?! Well now I just need to try to do it in public... cause it really is the more embarrassing part to lose it, more than the girls piddly little tricks they act out in public. So I guess I am the embarrassing one... Well here's to hoping I can paddle like a duck next time eh?! I SOOO enjoyed your tag! Thanks chica, for trying it out... all your thought (really? two days huh?... whoa!) was well thought out! Your a lucky man Allen!!

(((HUGS))) Aja
Opps! I forgot... well those hugs don't count okay!!