Wednesday, October 1, 2008

October already?

Who let this happen? It seems like yesterday the year was starting -- in fact, I still write the wrong year on things. How did it get to be October?

I was getting my daily info feed and realized it's been too long since I updated the blog, so I thought I should drop my line before either of our moms called in a panic. Yes, were are OKAY . . . just busy again.

Last Friday, Allen and the kids jumped in the van and headed for Allen's parents' home. I followed in the car. When we got there, my future sis-in-law got in the car and we drove on up to Kansas. After 7 1/2 hours on the road we stopped by Chasing Rainbows (at midnight) to say hi as the girls were closing up the shop for the night. The next morning we slept later than we meant to, but then spent the day playing at the scrapbook store. I got a little bit of scrapping done, but mostly I just had a blast visiting with everyone I've missed so much while the store had a big fundraising crop for ScrapPink, a nationwide crop to raise money for Susan G. Komen for the Cure®. Maybe later this month I'll get all my pages journaled so I can post them -- maybe . . . (until then, all you get to see is a picture of my biz-partner, Jennie, and me at the shop -- even when we don't wear matching shirts, we don't clash.)Like the Kansas trip, this week has been a blur for me. Between Bible study and preschool, fixing dinner and doing laundry, I managed to get a craft prepared for our MOPS group to do this morning. We had nearly 50 moms assembling Advent kits for a service project and craft, but it went smoothly and now I'm glad that's checked off my to-do list. I've finished all the laundry . . . again (didn't I just do that??) and now I'm ready to start packing . . . again. I suppose I should think about dinner, too, . . . didn't we do that yesterday?

Tomorrow I am heading to Grapevine for a MOPS convention. Yes, I know I had a kid-free weekend last weekend, but I am still looking forward to the next few days. I am traveling with other ladies from our group and I think it will be fun to get to know each other this weekend. Is it only me who doesn't mind being thrown in a room with 3 other ladies I don't really know, one mirror, one sink, one shower. . . now it seems scary, but, nonetheless, I am looking forward to it. Before the convention is over, Allen will be flying out of Dallas for Orlando. I am so proud of him -- he was invited to be on a professional panel for the NPRA, National Petrochemical and Refiners Association. He is on the "Gasoline Processes Panel" and will be answering a few questions and giving "expert" opinions on refining questions to his peers. Way to go, Babe!!

After I get the kids and head back home with them, I'll have a day to pack again to head to my parents. The story will be that the kids and I are heading to my folks' while Allen is out of town (something we tend to do.) The next morning, I'll wake Will very early and get him dressed so he and I can get on the airplane and head for Orlando, too. Will doesn't know ANY of this except that we are going to Gramma & Granddad's. I am hoping he will be excited to get on an airplane. . . then be excited to see Daddy at the airport when we arrive. . . then be excited when we see Mickey Mouse at dinner that night.

So, I've been busy and it isn't slowing down anytime soon. If I get a chance, I'll blog after the MOPS convention, otherwise, I'll be excited to post Disney pictures in a week and a half. Check back this weekend for the Photo Challenge update. It was a fun one and I have it on autopost.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was great to see you at the crop!!! You are one busy lady :)

Hannah said...

Hi Sarah! Just remembered to check your blog again. Man, you sound BUSY! Trying not to be green with envy about a weekend to scrapbook with the girls! :-) The other trips sound fantastic, too. Keep us posted!