Here is my next entry for Brenda's Photo Challenge. The theme this time was Signs of Spring and we took just the outing to provide some. When I was looking for things to do with the kids, I came upon a listing for this garden in East Texas. We took the trip out today even though we knew there was a chance we wouldn't get to go in; the garden is closed when the roads are wet, and today was rainy. I am thrilled that we got to see part of it though, and I can't wait to go back again in the next few weeks. It was beautiful -- it looked like God spilled a huge can of yellow paint over this little part of the world as there were so many daffodils. As for the rain, it did spoil the four-mile drive through the gardens, but I think it added a bit more spring-flavor to the pictures.





As we let the kids get out of the car to look around, Ben showed us the "stars" he kept seeing -- turns out there were miniscule purple and blue flowers sprinkled on the grass we were walking on. Against the dark grass, they did look like stars.
Speaking of Ben, last night he surprised me to tears. You'd think this kid would quit surprising this Mama, but wonders never cease. When the kids need to be (ahem. . .) prompted to action, we sternly count "one. . . two. . . three." All the kids know that when we get to three, there are consequences. Last night at dinner, Ben was climbing across the table, and was asked to sit. When he didn't, we reminded him then started counting. As Allen said, "One!" Ben scurried back to his sitting position, then Maddie proudly piped up, ". . . Choo! Tree!" (that's her 2 and 3). So we started working on numbers. I'd say "One" and wait for someone to fill in the next one. Ben spoke first, "Two, Three, . . . Four, Fi!" We had no idea he could do it -- never heard him peep any number other than his age. Today he said "Two! Three! Four! Fi! Thix! Eight!" Still brings tears to my eyes, but I can't explain why.
4 comments:
These are Gorgeous!!!! What a Sight this must have been to see!!! Well done!hughugs
Very nice.
Great family moments and awesome photos.
You are so welcome to Greece. I hope i can help you with everything you want to know.
Post a Comment