
I love Valentine's Day. I loved it as a kid when we got to make little mailboxes and collect silly cards from classmates. I loved it when I got a little older and started getting a flower every couple of years. But now. . . now that I have kids I really LOVE it!!

I started the heart-day festivities by making chocolate chip cookies for the little kids class party. These pretty little heart cookies were super-easy to make. I started with frozen preshaped cookie dough from one of the fund raisers. I rolled the tops and sides in the heart sprinkles then I baked the cookies following the directions on the box. As soon as they came out of the oven I pressed the heart cookie-cutter into the hot cookies. Presto!! Cute heart cookies that are delicious, easy, and look home-made -- total time, about 25 minutes.

Since I bought that particular cookie cutter just for this year's Valentine's day, I had to get my money's worth and put it to good use. We cut bread to make mini Valentine PB&J sandwiches. We used it to cut out black-cherry finger jello. We used a heart pancake shaper to cut pizza dough and let the kids make their own Valentine pizzas.


At the end of the day, I knew it was worth all that "trouble" when Maddie told me, "
Valentine's Happy Day, Mama!" . . . did she mean Happy Valentine's Day or that her Valentine's Day was happy? Who cares?
No comments:
Post a Comment